Friday, February 1, 2013

ARTISTRY - Length and Definition Mascara Review






So… a few days ago, a friend gave me an ARTISTRY mascara to test out.  It’s called Length and Definition Mascara. I had previously used some ARTISTRY products like their face creams and serums and I was interested in trying out their mascaras as well.

First things first...

The color I’m trying out is the black one. It comes with a nice black and gold packaging that also has some sparkling texture; overall the mascara looks super glamorous :P It’s not a drugstore product; you can buy it from a company called Amway or maybe find it on websites like EBay. 

Here’s what the description on the Amway Website says:

“Visibly extends lashes up to 70% with the breakthrough OptiLength formula. The FlexFx brush, our most technically advanced ever, coats each lash from root to tip for ultimate separation, length, and definition. Virtually smudge-proof so lashes stay perfect all day”.


My review

Aside from the high price, this is actually a fantastic product!!! It doesn’t clump, run, smudge or smear, it stays put all day and it adds A LOT of volume to the lashes. It also makes them look full and shiny, overall creating a very glamorous look. 

The color is also very black, not “almost” black and I have to say that the thing I am most impressed by from this product is how it separates and adds volume to each lash, which is basically what you would want from a good mascara. 

The only disadvantage of this product would be that even though the wand brush is very well made, there is still some residue left on the end, which you need to wipe before applying – otherwise you end up with too much product on the end of your brush and it can transfer on your lashes. 

Also, this isn’t a cheap product (at least in my opinion, since I survive perfectly well with drugstore products), it’s listed at 25 dollars on the Amway website.
 

Would I invest in this?

Even though I am extremely impressed by the performance of this product (it seriously makes my lashes look like they came out of a Hollywood movie), the results are not so unique for me to decide to invest in this product in the future. My lashes are pretty long and curl on their own, so I have experienced similar results with other beauty store or even drugstore mascaras. None the less, you won’t be sorry if you actually decide to purchase this: it will do you wonders, especially if you think your lashes could use a “kick” of glamor, and you'd be getting a great product.

*S

No comments:

Post a Comment